Mayachin Shrine is located within The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Hyrule Field region.
Our guide will help you find the Mayachin Shrine location and walk you through solving the A Fixed Device puzzle to collect the chest and Light of Blessing.
When you’re done, our shrine locations page or interactive Hyrule map can direct you toward something else to do.
Mayachin Shrine location
Mayachin Shrine is in the Hyrule Field region just north of the Hyrule Field Skyview Tower. Here’s how to solve the Hyrule Field Skyview Tower in case you need help.
The exact coordinates are (-0705, -0866, 0031).
Mayachin Shrine ‘A Fixed Device’ walkthrough
Mayachin Shrine is a little bit of pinball and a little bit of tee-ball mixed together.
1. Hop across the gap using the rotating platform when you first enter Mayachin Shrine.
2. Ahead, you’ll see a switch and a crystal, and below, you’ll see a few construction parts, a couple targets, and a ramp. And there’s a giant ball rolling through the middle of it all. In the image below, we’ve labeled the stuff we’ll be using in the next steps to help clarify.
3. If you haven’t yet, stand on the switch to reveal a target on the left.
4. Go down to the lower level and head to the actuator (the thing sticking out of the ground next to where the ball rolls).
5. Grab a stake and place it horizontally into the actuator’s face — we need to attach a pole to the actuator, but you can’t attach one directly.
6. Place a pole onto the end of the stake to create a bat-like structure — kind of like a pinball flipper.
7. Head back up the stairs to the crystal and switch.
8. Wait for the ball to touch the second-to-last white tile, and hit the crystal.
9. Practice hitting the crystal and adjust your timing until the ball hits the target — which will reveal a target on the right side of the room and open the shrine’s exit on your left.
How to get the Mayachin Shrine chest
1. Head down the stairs and turn to the right to find a hanging panel and a stake in the ground.
2. Grab the stake in the ground behind the hanging panel and flip it upside-down. Place it in the ceiling above the hanging panel.
3. Grab the hanging panel and rotate it so it’s laying flat. Attach the hanging panel to the stake to hold it up out of the way of the target button behind it.
4. Head back up to the top by the crystal and switch.
5. Hit the crystal to have the bat point towards Link and the crystal.
6. Wait for the ball to roll past your bat assembly and get just before the edge of the platform, then hit the crystal.
7. Practice your timing and keep trying until you hit the target on the right — opening a gate to your right.
8.. Enter the newly opened room on your right to find a chest with an energizing elixir.
9. Turn around and head towards the exit to collect your Light of Blessing.
Correction (May 13): A previous version of this guide listed the steps in a confusing order. We’ve edited the guide to make it easier to read.